The total amount of transferred 2015 ex-ante contributions is EUR 4,3bn
National resolution funds were set up under the BRRD. For the Member States that are part of the Banking Union, these national resolution funds are replaced by the Single Resolution Fund (SRF) as of 2016. The SRF will be built up over eight years (2016-2023), the so-called transitional period, and shall reach at least 1% of covered deposits by the end of 2023. It will be fully funded by the banking industry.
Following the Agreement on the Transfer and Mutualisation of Contributions to the Single Resolution Fund ("IGA") an amount of EUR 4,3bn of 2015 ex-ante contributions was transferred to the Single Resolution Fund by the deadline of 31 January 2016.
• The SRB will notify the value of the 2016 ex-ante contribution to each institution at the latest by 1 May 2016 (in accordance with art. 13 of the Commission Delegated Regulation 2015/63).
• The institutions shall transfer 2016 ex-ante contributions by no later than 30 June 2016 (in accordance with art. 3 of the Agreement on the transfer and mutualisation of contributions to the Single Resolution Fund - "IGA")
• SRB's previous press release on ECOFIN endorsement of Public Bridge Financing Arrangement fundamental for credible start of the Single Resolution Mechanism in 2016
Contact our communications team
"Today, I take up my new role as Chair of the Single Resolution Board, the organisation charged with planning for and managing bank failure in the...
The Single Resolution Board and the European Central Bank have revised their Memorandum of Understanding in order to further enhance cooperation and...
Related news and press releases
- Fund to support bank resolution, paid for by the industry
- Every bank, big or small, operating across the 21-country Banking Union required to pay...
The SRB has announced that it will launch a consultation process on the 2022 ex-ante contributions to the Single Resolution Fund (SRF) on 3 March 2022...
The Single Resolution Board takes note of the judgment of the European Court of Justice in Joined Cases C-584/20P and C-621/20 P, Commission and SRB v...